25.7.11

wonderful wedding moment number four

The Unexpected Moments.

Weddings are a lot of work.  Planning, organizing, planning, organizing, planning, organizing.  For two whole years Hubby and I were planning our big day.  For two whole years my mind was all the way forward to September 19, 2009, dreaming of our wedding day.

I imagined every single moment.  Yes.  Every.  Single.  Moment.  Getting my hair and make up done.  Putting on my dress.  The limo ride to the church.  Walking down the isle.  Spotting my groom for the first time.  The entrance.  The speeches.  The cake.  The dance.  You name it, I imagined it.

Looking back, however, some of the most treasured moments that I have from the day are the moments that I never imagined would happen.

People in Stanley Park cheering, honking, and waving at us.
  



Joking around with the pictures.






Entering the reception in style.



Listening to the hilarious (and heartwarming) speeches.



I love these moments so much.  They make me smile and make me remember what an absolutely wonderful day it was.  They remind me that so much of life is unexpected.  You can never, ever, plan for every single moment.  Most moments, and often the best moments, are completely organic.  They can't be planned, organized, or created.  They just happen.  They are what life is made of.  They are happiness and love.

PS:  Did you see the other wonderful wedding moments?  If not check them out here!

PPS:  All images by Andrea Grendus @ fotografie

No comments: