8.1.12

sunday suppers - spaghetti carbonara

I don't know what it is about Sundays, but it seems that all I want to do is sleep in, curl up with a good book, and cuddle my kitties.  The only things that I actually feel like doing is cooking; making a comforting dinner for Hubby and I.



It took me a while to figure out want I wanted to eat tonight.  Naturally, I gravitate towards pasta.  Shocker.  I love this pasta because it's creamy, yet amazingly simple to make.  Plus, it's got bacon in it.  What's better than bacon?  Nothing.




SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
from Martha Stewart

1 pound spaghetti
8 slices bacon, cut up
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 large eggs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese  (plus more for serving)
1/2 cup half-and-half

Fry bacon until crisp, about 8 to 12 minutes.  Once cooked place on a plate lined with paper towel (to absorb excess fat).
Bring a large pot of water to boil for the spaghetti.  Once boiling, add a generous pinch of salt and the pasta.  Cook the pasta until al dente (see the package instructions for cooking time).


While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the eggs, cheese, and half-and-half.  Set bowl aside.  One the pasta is cooked, drain and add to egg mixture.  Toss quickly while the pasta is still hot as the heat will cook the eggs.  Add the bacon and toss some more.  Sprinkle with some more cheese and serve.

No comments: