18.2.13

how to: store your necklaces

I like to think that I'm a pretty organized person.  Don't get me wrong though, I also have a messy/disorganized side of me.

My bathroom (now that I have my own and I no longer have to share with Hubby) looks like a tornado swept through it; hairspray, makeup, and hair ties are usually littered all over the counter.

I always lovingly fold and put away all the clean clothes in my dresser drawer, however, they never stay neat and tidy when I'm frantically pulling out and trying on different clothes in the morning.

So, let me fool you not: I'm not always super organized.

One thing that's always been disorganized is my jewellery box.  I've tried to keep my necklaces in separate little baggies to help keep them from getting tangled up together; but each day when I take off my jewels, the necklaces never seems to make their way back into the baggies.  They always just end up in a messy pile in the bottom of my jewelery box.  Not ideal.

When Hubby and I moved into our new home last year, we picked up a full-length bedroom mirror during one of our many trips to Ikea.  The coolest thing about the mirror? It came with hinges!



So, my handyman Hubby mounted the mirror to the wall using the hinges so the mirror can be pulled away from the wall, if you like.  Can we just take a moment to thank Ikea for all their wonderful storage ideas?


When he hung the mirror for me (a loooong time ago), Hubby suggested that we could buy some hooks so I could hang up all my necklaces behind the mirror.  AMEN, Hubby, you're a genius!

So, this past weekend, we finally got around to taking a trip to Home Depot to pick up some hooks for my necklaces.  Don't they look great? And the best part about the whole thing is that they're out of sight (so they don't look cluttered), yet they're easily accessible.  It's so easy to now just thow my necklace on a hook after I take it off.

If you think this might work in your space, give it a shot - I absolutely love it!

PS:  I decorated the back of the mirror (which was plain and ugly) with some extra 5X7 pictures that I had from our recent trip to Europe.  It's a nice way for me to enjoy the pictures, without having them in my face all the time.  It's kind of like having a highschool locker again!

No comments: