31.12.10

play date

So, my last blog post was on the 20th.  Eleven whole days ago.  What can I say?  I was enjoying the Christmas season!  This year, it took me FOREVER to get into the Christmas spirit.  I pretty much wanted nothing to do with Christmas (gasp, shock).  However, all those feelings melted on Christmas Eve; I love being surrounded by my family and friends (many who I only see once a year) to celebrate the holiday season.  It's magical.  From singing Christmas carols at Oma's house to laughing so hard at my In-Law's house that I almost couldn't breathe, this Christmas couldn't have been better.

That said, with all the Christmas craziness, Hubby and I really haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time together, just the two of us.  So I was so happy when we had a date night planned for last night.  It was nothing fancy, we went out for dinner and then to the play White Christmas; it was perfect.  Hubby and I have watched this movie every Christmas that we have been together, so when I saw that the Arts Club was putting on a production of this Christmas classic, I was thrilled.   It was a great night; we laughed, I cried (don't judge, it's a cute story), and, most importantly, we got to spend one of the last nights of 2010 holding hands and singing.  We ended 2010 on a high note, literally!



I hope that you all have had a great 2010, and wishing you and yours a safe and happy New Year!!!

No comments: