28.11.10

not-so-humble pie

Yesterday was such a great day; not only did I get to spend the day with family, but I also got to cross an item off of my life list!  What a great feeling to accomplish something that I've been nervous about for so many years.

Yes, folks, I successfully made an apple pie.  From scratch.  Crust and everything.  I know that this definitely isn't something that many people would consider a great accomplishment, but it was my Everest.  Ok, that might be stretching it, but it made me nervous just thinking about it.  For some reason I thought it was so difficult to make; I've heard so many people say "I've tried everything, but for whatever reason, I just can't successfully make pie crust".  Not me, not anymore!


so pretty!

Now, none of this would have happened if it wasn't for my wonderful mom.  She guided me through every step, and assured me that her recipes was, indeed, no fail.  She was right.  I really shouldn't have doubted myself while I had her helping me;  she will never admit it, but she is an awesome baker (shut up Mom, you are!) and always has been!


is there anything better than apples, cinnamon, and sugar?  no, no there isn't...


Hubby and I are taking the pie to our friends' house for dessert tonight and I can't wait to share my success with our wonderful friends!


I don't think Martha could've done any better.  actually, knowing her, I bet she could have...




No comments: