16.3.11

happy winds day

Vancouver has been very blustery lately.  Days and nights like these make me think of Winnie the Pooh.

"Now the very blustery night turned into a very rainy night. And Pooh kept his lonely vigil, hour after hour, after hour - until at last, Pooh fell fast asleep - and began to dream."
-Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, 1968

Yesterday was particularly blustery.  The rain was banging against the windows.  The lightening lit up the sky.  The thunder boomed.

Thunder and lightening always makes me feel like a kid again.  There is a kind of excitement in the air; the cats' eyes go wide and look around to try and figure out the noise. 



Last night, while the storm was raging outside, I curled up in my bed, with a cup of tea and my notebook, and studied places that I can't wait to visit.  Until at last, I fell fast asleep - and began to dream about far away places.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm so excited for next year!