24.11.12

saturn return

"Saturn return is...an alleged phenomenon which is described as influencing a person's life development at 27 to 29 or 30-year intervals. These intervals or "returns" coincide with the approximate time it takes the planet Saturn to make one orbit around the sun. It is believed by astrologers that, as Saturn "returns" to the degree in its orbit occupied at the time of birth, a person crosses over a major threshold and enters the next stage of life. With the first Saturn return, a person leaves youth behind and enters adulthood. With the second return, maturity. And with the third and usually final return, a person enters wise old age."
Source: Wikipedia



I feel like I'm in a really strange stage of my life right now, as I'm entering my 27th year.

I'm at a really strange point in my career.  Outgrowing my current position, but not yet quite ready for the next.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on the challenge of being a parent, but I ache to be a mom.

I'm on the precipice of my first Saturn return; I'm moving from childhood into adulthood. But right now I don't quite fit into either stage; I'm in between.  There are so many changes on my horizon, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for them.  I'm. Scared. To. Death. I'm scared of the unknown.  I guess this is all just part of growing up.

2 comments:

jen @ the baked life said...

great post

Lindsay said...

Love this post! And I can definitely relate - sometime I have weird moments where I definitely feel like I'm a grown up and then others time, I think "no way!" - it's not easy! But whichever path you take - you'll rock it!!