2.11.12

follow friday - new foodie foods

It's no secret that I'm kind of obsessed with food.  It's a thing for me; comforting, simple, and stable.  It's always there for me whether I've had a bad day or when I feel like celebrating, it's just always around.  You know what goes really well with food?  Family.  Hubby's family is filled with foodies (mine is too, but we're talking about the in-laws today); his mom is a great cook and always a source for inspiration for me (her Christmas brunches are to die for), my sister-in-law in kind of famous over in her little corner of the internets with her amazing blog, and my cousin-in-law (is that even a thing?) always astounds me with how easy cooking is to her, and how she really embodies the term "foodie" (in a good way, of course).


drinking wine - waiting for my cousin-in-law to arrive in Paris
My cousin-in-law (yes, I'm pretending that it's a thing) is amazing, and I kind of secretly envy her life.  She's got one of those glamorous "I'm a young lady living in the city" lives.  You know, living downtown, eating at the best restaurants, having a great boyfriend, wearing stylish clothes, and drinking fine wine.  She's who I think my parents think I am.  But I'm totally not.  And I'm a little envious.  I recently spent a few days with her, her boyfriend, and Hubby in Paris and we all had the best time. The only disappointment was that I wished we could have spent more time together, drinking lots of wine.


Rue Cler - the best foodie street in Paris - thanks to my cousin-in-law for taking us here!

She also has an excellent blog that has some of THE BEST Vancouver restaurant recommendations and she writes about her food creations with a kind of ease, simpleness, and sophistication that kind of reminds me of Nigella Lawson.  She inspires me to eat healthier and to know that you CAN have delicious, healthy food without totally blowing your budget.


my cousin-in-law was just as adventurous as me when it comes to trying new foods

Check her out at New Foodie Foods - you won't be disappointed!

No comments: