16.4.11

go canucks go

Last night, I was fortunate enough to attend Game 2 of the Canucks v. Blackhawks playoff series.  It was, simply, the best night ever.  Not only did I get to spend the night cheering on my team, I got to cheer them on with my bff.

I've been to many Canucks games before, but this was the first playoff game that I've ever attended.  The hockey was more intense, the fans were louder, and the air had an amazing sense of hope that this would be the year that our team finally brought the cup of Lord Stanley to Vancouver.






Each time a goal was scored, the second the puck flew through the net the entire arena (all 18,860 of us) erupted in a screaming, shouting, towel-waving frenzy.  We high-fived our neighbours; we were strangers no more, we were brought together in a moment of celebration for the team we love so much.




It's impossible to fully convey the feeling in the air.  Everybody was on the same team, we were all Canucks.  We are all Canucks.

No comments: