17.11.11

when life gives you lemons

I had originally scheduled a happy, feel-good blog post for today.  However, it just didn't feel right to post the opposite of what I'm actually feeling today.  Today, I'm overwhelmed.  Today, I'm calling banks, crunching numbers, and (kind of) feeling sorry for myself.

What's going on?  Well, remember our Germany 2012 trip that I've been looking so forward to?  Well, that trip might be cancelled, or at least postponed for a while.  Last night Hubby and I were hit with an unexpected expense.  A large one.  One that doesn't fit well into our Europe budget.




It's totally a cadillac problem.  I'm truly lucky that I live such a blessed life and I'm beyond thankful for everything that I've been fortunate enough to have in my life.  However, I'm also really frustrated with life right now.  Hubby and I have worked hard, really hard, to make this trip possible.  We're (literally) saving our pennies, socking away savings, and giving up unneeded luxuries to make this trip happen.  We're doing it the right way.  We aren't using credit to pay for it; we're saving up the cold, hard cash.  We're doing everything right, yet, we keep getting knocked down by life.

I know if I look hard enough I can see a moral to all of this; some lesson that I'm meant to learn.  But for once, I don't want to learn a lesson, I just want to be rewarded for being good person in life.  For being a good citizen, for working hard, for living without luxuries.  I know I'm probably sounding like a whiny, spoiled brat right about now.  I know that I should accept life's road block and move on.  I know, I'm just having a difficult time turning my "knowing" into "accepting".  It'll take me a couple days, but I know that soon this will be a distant feeling, and I'll go back to accepting life's challenges.  For now, I'm just plain upset.

1 comment:

Jen said...

don't think cancelled. It will postponed. I know this will work out, I'm not just thinking crazy, I know it will.

Remember, the trip is a non-negotiable. It's going to happen, one way or another.